Last week, if you follow us on Facebook, you know they I shared with you one proven marketing tactic to get face to face with your customers and clients remotely. I called it Virtual Buyer Appointments.
This week on the Agent Know How Training Minute, I will explain why it’s important to follow-up, not once, or twice, but often and with purpose. According to the National Sales Executive Association, your sales success is directly related to how many times you contact your prospects.
These statistics emphasize how important it is to follow up with sales persistence.
- 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect
- 25% of sales people make a second contact and stop
- 12% of sales people only make three contacts and stop
- Only 10% of sales people make more than three contacts
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact
- 3% of sales are made on the second contact
- 5% of sales are made on the third contact
- 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact
- 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact
I know you might worry about:
•Appearing to be too “pushy”
•Forgetting to Follow-Up
•Deciding which CRM (Contact Relationship Manager) to use to keep you and your business top of mind with the prospects you meet on-line, face to face or over the phone
•Not having enought time to follow-up
•Deciding which prospects you should follow-up with first
•What to do with the prospects you don’t want to work with
In the upcoming weeks on our Agent Know How Training Minutes, I will cover some of the ways to follow-up smart, including what questions to ask prospects, methods and systems that I use to keep me organized and make my job so much more easier. Our minutes come out on a weekly basis via EMAIL. If you are not already on the Agent Know How Training Minute Email list, now is the time to JOIN!
Stay tuned and stay productive!